Sunday, June 19, 2011

Venus fly trap RV Park



Last night we stayed at Eagles Hot Lake, a very nice park by most standards, green grass, full hook-ups, 50 amp power and the little old lady that runs it was very nice. But, I did not like the park or the little old lady because; she failed to tell us the whole story about this park. First of all, after about a block off of the freeway the pavement ended.  The gravel road that continued on for two and a half miles was not wide enough for me to turn around, or I would have done so before getting the motor home and the car dirty enough to plant potatoes on, but of course since we had no choice but to go the distance, the damage was done. So we paid, parked and got ready for the night. It was a little while after that when we heard what sounded like a train. It got louder and louder, and this is no exaggeration, the whole motor home shook, the ground below us shook, we were about 50 yards from the tracks! And the train was pretty regular, I know, after we went to bed I counted lots and lots of them!
The next day we were 400 miles from our final destination, but I took no chances, I drove the 400 miles knowing we were going to spend the night in a very nice peaceful RV Park, no trains!

No comments: