Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Will work for site.

Well we survived our first weekend at wrrrrrrk. Dare I say we liked it? Except for the “having to be there” we had fun getting to know some of the “locals”; many come up to us and say how great it is that we are the new Assistant Managers and that they have heard such good things about us. Feeling wanted makes our tasks easier and seems to lighten the load. Not that what we do is difficult.
Connie has the hardest job, she is in charge of the office and has to learn how to check in new arrivals, check out those leaving, take in money, balance the books and a myriad of things that are required to run an RV park. She also has to interact with the lease holders, board members, volunteers, advisors and phone calls; some of the aforementioned good and some not so much.
We must sort and distribute mail for the 175 lease holders; that in itself is a job.
My duties entail driving around in my golf cart checking to see what spaces are unoccupied, making sure there are no water leaks or other disasters, moving garbage bags from the club house to the dump and my favorite job operating the backhoe. We have a diesel tractor with a backhoe (boys toy) and I use it to tamp down the garbage bags in our three dumpsters. So far I have managed to not damage anything. I also make sure the bathrooms have paper products as required, and clean up any spills or litter (I let them know I do not do toilets). At 5:00 I close the sheds and garage (man caves). The sheds contain a wood working shop, metal shop, paint storage, tractors, lawn and garden implements, wood chippers, chain saws, Gas and diesel storage tanks. If we had McGyver here we could easily build a nuclear power plant.

Volunteers do most physical labor jobs in the park, they form committees to do regular maintenance, cutting down trees, planting flower beds, mowing lawns, cleaning the streets, painting, repairing, you name it, they do it. So, if I find something that is a problem I let them know and they come out and fix it.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: